Tips To Have A Good Earth Day
Sometimes it can feel overwhelming when thinking of ways to help our planet. However, there are several small ways you can make an impact. Babideal composed a list of 10 easy ways you can help make our planet better this Earth Day and afterwards.
- Pick up trash. No matter whether it’s going out with a group for a cleanup, or picking up that candy wrapper on the ground walking into work, picking up trash is a simple way to make a difference.
- Recycle. Make it a point to recycle the water bottle you just used or the plastic bags you have. Even if you don’t have a recycle bin, many stores have bins where you can recycle.
- Shop at farmer’s markets. The perfect way to support local farmers and artisans is through Farmer’s Markets.
- Donate to your favorite charity. Donating to your favorite charity is the perfect way to help. We love working with Watsi.org.
- Plant a tree/flowers. Planting a tree or flowers is a great way to help our planet.
- Carpool. Have a coworker that lives near you? Start carpooling so you can save money on gas and help the environment.
- Use a resuable coffee cup. Bring a coffee cup with you when you go to work or any local cafe to reduce paper and Styrofoam cups.
- Use a water-fountain. Instead of using plastic water bottles, use the water-fountain.
- Take shorter showers. An easy way to reduce water is to take shorter showers. Next time you hop in the shower, set an alarm so you can hold yourself accountable.
- Go on a walk. Get out and get in touch with Mother Nature during Earth Day.